VA HB1660 | 2019 | Regular Session


Spectrum: Partisan Bill (Democrat 1-0)
Status: Introduced on December 1 2018 - 25% progression
Action: 2018-12-01 - Referred to Committee on General Laws
Pending: House General Laws Committee
Text: Latest bill text (Prefiled) [HTML]


Landlord and tenant; landlord may obtain certain insurance for tenant; notice. Requires a landlord that has purchased damage insurance coverage on behalf of a tenant to provide a notice to the tenant that, in case of damage to the property, (i) the landlord is not responsible for the tenant's personal property, (ii) the damage insurance purchased by the landlord only covers the structure and not the tenant's personal property, and (iii) if the tenant wishes to protect his personal property, he should obtain renter's insurance. The bill contains technical amendments.

Tracking Information

Register now for our free OneVote public service or GAITS Professional trial account and you can begin tracking this and other legislation, all driven by the real-time data of the LegiScan API. Providing tools allowing you to research pending legislation, stay informed with email alerts, content feeds, and share dynamic reports. Use our new PolitiCorps to join with friends and collegaues to monitor & discuss bills through the process.

Monitor Legislation or view this same bill number from multiple sessions or take advantage of our national legislative search.


Landlord and tenant; landlord may obtain certain insurance for tenant, notice to tenant.



2018-12-01HouseReferred to Committee on General Laws
2018-12-01HousePrefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/09/19 19100659D

Virginia State Sources

Bill Comments