Sen. Walsh & Sen. Brown & Sen. Pinkney & Sen. Townsend & Rep. Brady & Rep. Dorsey Walker & Rep. Kowalko & Rep. Lambert & Rep. Longhurst & Rep. Osienski & Rep. K. Williams
Sens. Ennis, Gay, Lockman, Hansen, Mantzavinos, S. McBride, Paradee, Poore, Sturgeon, Sokola; Reps. Baumbach, Bolden, Bentz, Cooke, Chukwuocha, Heffernan, Lynn, Minor-Brown, Morrison, Mitchell, Wilson-Anton, Griffith
DELAWARE STATE SENATE
151st GENERAL ASSEMBLY
SENATE BILL NO. 15
AS AMENDED BY
SENATE AMENDMENT NO. 1
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 19 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO MINIMUM WAGE.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend § 902, Title 19 of the Delaware Code by making deletions as shown by making deletions as shown by strike through and insertions as shown by underline as follows and by redesignating accordingly:
§ 902. Minimum wage rate (For current federal minimum wage, see 29 U.S.C. § 206(a)(1)(A)).
(a) Except as may otherwise be provided under this chapter, every employer shall pay to every employee in any occupation wages of a rate:
(1) Not less than $7.75 $10.50 per hour effective June 1, 2014 January 1, 2022 ;
(2) Not less than $8.25 $11.75 per hour effective June 1, 2015 January 1, 2023 ;
(3) Not less than $8.75 $13.25 per hour effective January 1, 2019 January 1, 2024 ;
(4) Not less than $9.25 $15.00 per hour effective October 1, 2019 January 1, 2025 ;
(5) Not less than $9.25 per hour until January 1, 2022.
Upon the establishment of a federal minimum wage in excess of the state minimum wage, the minimum wage in this State shall be equal in amount to the federal minimum wage, except as may otherwise be provided under this chapter.