42190. (a) The Secretary for Environmental Protection shall, on or before April 1, 2022, convene the Photovoltaic Recycling Advisory Group to review and advise the Legislature on policies pertaining to the recovery of photovoltaic panels and their components.
(b) The Secretary for Environmental Protection shall appoint the following members to the advisory group:
(1) The Director of Resources Recycling and Recovery or their designee.
(2) The Director of Toxic Substance Control or their designee.
(3) A photovoltaic panel or solar energy system manufacturer.
(4) An organization that represents one or more photovoltaic panel manufacturers.
(5) An electronic waste recycler or an organization that represents one or more electronic waste recyclers.
(6) A photovoltaic panel or solar energy system repair dealer or an organization that represents one or more photovoltaic panel or solar energy system repair dealers.
(7) An environmental organization that specializes in waste reduction and recycling.
(8) A representative of the solar industry.
(9) A standards organization that has a focus on photovoltaic or electrical engineering.
(c) The advisory group shall consult with relevant entities in order to develop and, on or before April 1, 2025, submit to the Legislature in compliance with Section 9795 of the Government Code policy recommendations aimed at ensuring that, to the extent possible, 100 percent of photovoltaic panels in the state are reused or recycled at end of life in a safe and cost-effective manner.
(d) Meetings of the advisory group are subject to the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act (Article 9 (commencing with Section 11120) of Chapter 1 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code).
(e) This chapter shall remain in effect only until January 1, 2027, and as of that date is repealed.