Bill Text: AZ HB2284 | 2013 | Fifty-first Legislature 1st Regular | Introduced
Bill Title: Schools; pledge of allegiance; requirement
Spectrum: Partisan Bill (Republican 2-0)
Status: (Introduced - Dead) 2013-01-17 - Introduced [HB2284 Detail]
REFERENCE TITLE: schools; pledge of allegiance; requirement
State of Arizona
House of Representatives
First Regular Session
Representatives Smith: Shope
amending section 15‑506, Arizona Revised Statutes; relating to classroom requirements.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Section 15-506, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:
15-506. Flag, Constitution and the Bill of Rights display; recitation of the pledge of allegiance; exemption
A. School districts and charter schools shall:
1. Acquire United States flags that are manufactured in the United States and that are at least two feet by three feet and hardware to appropriately display the United States flags.
2. For grades seven through twelve, acquire a legible copy of the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights that is manufactured in the United States.
3. Display the flags in accordance with title 4 of the United States Code in each classroom and on or near the outside of the school building during school hours and at such other times as the school authorities direct.
4. For grades seven through twelve, place a legible copy of the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights adjacent to each classroom flag.
5. for grades one through twelve, set aside a specific time each day for those students who wish pupils to recite the pledge of allegiance to the United States flag. At the request of a parent, a pupil shall be excused from the requirement of this paragraph.
B. Private schools, parochial schools and homeschools are exempt from this section.